Thursday, October 25, 2012

2 Months till Christmas Blog Hop

Welcome to our 2 Months till Christmas Blog Hop... Yes only 2 months till Santa comes to visit  Has anyone started their Christmas shopping yet? I have well sort of I saw a couple things that were on the list and grabbed them when I had the chance.

Well by now most of you get the idea of our little hop. If your new to this hop then here is a little bit about the hop. My very talented friend Shari decided to start this hop to help us all get a head start on our Christmas cards. Each month a group of us crafty ladies get together and make two cards to get that jump start to the Christmas card rush. Normally we make one card with a color medium of our choice and one made using a die cut of some kind. But this month since we are so close to the Christmas season Shari has decided that the rules have changed that we just need post two Christmas creations of our choice.

If you have arrived here from Mary's you are in the right place. If you happen to come across my blog by chance and want to join in the fun please head back to Mary's blog so you can start from the beginning.

So lets get started. I decided to do two colored cards just because I LOVE playing with my Copic's. Can you say heaven in a marker :) .

My first card I used one of my New Magnolias ( another one of my Favorites i love my Mag's )



Supplies used
  • Magnolia Stamp -Winter Tilda
  • Spellbinders 17
  • American Crafts Jolly paper pad
  • Color Box Chalk - Deep Green
  • Hero Arts - Sentiment
  • Imaginisce i-Rock
  • Bo Bunny Button
  • Twine
Copic Colors 
  • E11, E01,E000,E0000
  • E49,E47,E44,E42,E41,E40
  • R59,R85,R83
  • R29,R27,R24
  • Y17
  • BG78,BG75,BG72


Close up of the coloring


My Next Card I used another Magnolia Stamp ( Santa ) I got him from a garage sale so I am not sure on his exact name. The green mittens are for you Shari :)

Supplies Used

  • Magnolia Santa Stamp
  • Hero Arts Sentiment
  • Celebration Ribbon
  • Color Box Chalk - Deep Green
  • American Crafts paper pad
Copic Colors Used
  • R29, R27,R24
  • W9,W7,W5
  • Y17,Y15
  • G29,G28,G07
  • C3,C1
  • E41,E40
Close up


Well thank you for stopping by and following along on our fun hop. The count down is on 2 months will just fly by. Remember we will be back here on November 25th for another fun hop with our 1 month till Christmas hop. Until then happy shopping and happy crafting.

Hope you got some inspiration to start those cards early :)

Your next stop is Kerry's Blog.

Thank you
Sara

Here is the hop order just incase you get lost along the way.




I would like to enter my Cards in the following Challanges.

The Christmas Crafting Challenge Blog - Challenge #15–Buttons and Twine
The Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge BlogHere Comes Santa Claus
The ABC Christmas Challenge Blog - U for Up to you

15 comments:

  1. Sara, they are both so pretty. You colour beautifully. Glad I coud rejoin you on the hop this month. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Sara! Your cards are amazing and your colouring is gorgeous!! Thank you so much for the green mittens LOL Love it!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, your cards are beautiful! I love Magnolia stamps too! Awesome job on your colouring....our most favourite thing of all :)

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Santa card. Lovely colouring on both of your Christmas cards. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so cut and colorful!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a cute christmas card. Love the design with the layers, buttons and string. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards Sara!
    Kerry

    mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely cards, yikes only 2 months!!! well best get a wriggle on then... hope to see you for the next challenge too, Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge this time,
    hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 great cards love the use of twine thank you for joining in at Christmas Crafting this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Christmas Cards, Great Colouring you've done too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Doesn't it feel good to have a head start?!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Magnolias! I have used the little girl already on a half dozen of my own Christmas cards. Love how you coloured her up,great job. The Santa is awesome, he is on my WISH list. Great cards. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute Christmas cards!!!
    Tammy, from Créations LaDiva :) xx

    See my blog for yummy candy ☺

    ReplyDelete